The Indiana Horse Council, Inc. is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the well-being of the horse industry. The Indiana Horse Council, Inc. protects, promotes and preserves the interests and activities within the Indiana equine industry in areas of education, legislation, promotion and philanthropy.
The Hoosier Horse Fair & Expo (HHF&E) is the major fundraising event organized for the Indiana Horse Council (IHC) to support IHC equine programs. The HHF&E is organized and run by volunteers who give their time and energy to bring this annual celebration of the horse to Indiana. Proceeds from this annual philanthropic event sponsor equine-assisted activities that:
- Promote the benefits of the horse for individuals with physical, emotional and learning disabilities,
- Support educational scholarships,
- Sponsor workshops for first time horse owners,
- Offer continuing education programs,
- Subsidize trail design and maintenance,
- Lobby for public land use and zoning issues,
- Promote equine health research and welfare,
- Educate on disaster preparedness,
- Provide youth programs, including a foreign student exchange program.
These are just a few of the worthy causes in which the IHC serves the equestrian community and industry.
The Hoosier Horse Fair & Expo is a 3 day fair & expo celebrating and promoting the equine industry. Typically held in April, the event includes demonstrations, live entertainment, educational presentations by nationally renowned horse clinicians and trainers, 4-H competition and other youth activities, and a large trade show.
The HHF&E is the largest gathering in Indiana focused on the horse enthusiast. The expo serves as a primary fundraiser for the IHC programming which positively impacts the growth, retention and development of the horse industry. Unique to our event is the fact that it is run by 200+ volunteers with all proceeds going back into the industry.
The first HHF&E was held in 1978. The longevity of the event can be attributed to our commitment to diversity, quality and true representation of each segment of interest. The popularity of the event is evidence by its growth from the use of one building in 1978 to the spectacular event it is today.
Manage & Purchase Tickets
HHF Meetings & Important Dates